6.30.2008

Champions

Spain won the Eurocup last night. Good for them.  It's been forty years since Spain has won any major title in fútbol.  They played brilliantly. After a nice book group discussion (The Virgin Suicides-mixed reactions, I didn't like it) I went home, got Waldo, and went downstairs to watch the game at the chiringuito right below us. It was quite pleasant and I treated myself to a nice dish of baby squid. Wonderful. After the game Waldo and I took a stroll down the Paseo del Parque and it was pretty crazy–thousands and thousands of people out in the streets celebrating, honking horns, waving flags... I don't think Waldo enjoyed it too much so we came home pretty quickly. (In the photo, Luis Aragonés, the coach of the Spanish team. He goes out in glory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment