12.15.2008

Homage, kind of, to my slippers


Bamba! That's the name of my slippers. This is very traditional at home footwear here and I really like them. And my feet love them. I'll bring a couple of new pair back to Carlisle with me., providing my feet stay loyal. These beauties are so soft and warm, I worry my feet are just going to detach themselves from my legs some night and run off with the Bamba. And sometimes I can feel my paws accelerating their pace as we approach home, in eager anticipation of Bamba's warm embrace. This morning I was thinking about what a wonderful, simple pleasure these slippers are. In addition to wearing them in the house, I put them on for the short last walk of the evening with Waldo. Now I'm considering just forgetting social norms altogether and using them as general footwear. Asun may have something to say about that. How many bad things happen because people feel generally shitty? Well, taking good care of them paws is an important first step. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wear my amazing new slippers out because there is a foot of snow on the ground! I wish I could though, they look like they're straight out of the 70s...

    ReplyDelete