9.04.2008

Gotta go...

It's an especially busy time these days and I've got so much going on it can get me feeling a tad anxious. In about an hour I leave for Madrid to see Asun and Daniela and tonight we go see the innaugural performance of Angel Corrella's ballet company at the Royal Theatre. They are performing La Bayadere, the ballet in which Daniela had her first big solo role. It seems like that was ages ago, but actually it's only been 15 months. There's a lot I want to write about, but it's not going to happen today. As Daniela was fond of saying as a little tot,¨"gotta go, gotta go, gotta go...". Well, the past couple of days the Red Sox sure have been in a wonderful position, what with the Yankees playing the Rays. Oh no, the Yanks win... we're closer to first place. The Yanks lose, well that's always a good thing. Pardon the expression, but it was a win-win situation. Speaking of which, a couple of weeks ago in San Sebastian I took Asun and Daniela to... the Cement Museum! Wow! That was a lot of fun. Maybe I already mentioned that. Doesn't matter, today it's hot and muggy and Waldo needs a walk before I head out. Another late dinner with friends last night and more stories of strange human behavior. And the other day a guy went absolutely bonkers and drove down Calle Larios, a big pedestrian street, at high speed trying to take out anyone he could. Several were injured, two critically. I was downtown around the time it happened, but a few blocks away. (In the photo, the highspeed train that whizzes me to Madrid in two hours and twenty-five minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment